by Bob Stahl from Minzo’s Kitchen
- 4 1/3 lb. beef burgers
- 4 portabella mushroom caps
- 6 ounces bleu cheese, crumbled
- 4 brioche hamburger buns
- 4 tablespoons Cajun seasoning (I like, Slap Ya Mama brand)
- 6 tablespoons bleu cheese sauce (recipe below)
- 2 tablespoons light oil
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Preheat grill to medium high heat.
- Lightly oil the mushroom caps and season with salt and pepper
- Heavily season each burger with the Cajun seasoning
- Lightly spread the mayonnaise on the inside of each burger bun
- Place the mushroom caps on direct heat, stuffing side down, grill for 3 minutes until a nice crust is formed. Flip the mushroom caps and grill another minute. Then add the bleu cheese crumbles and move to cooler side of the grill.
- Place burger patties on grill over direct heat. Grill the burger on 3 minutes each side, until desired temperature is reached.
- Toast the buns on the grill
- Assemble by putting the burger patty on toasted bun, top with with with the mushroom cap, and pour the bleu cheese sauce on top. Enjoy.
Bleu Cheese Sauce:
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese (about 3 ounces), divided
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper