Parents ‘allowed 7-week-old baby to die’ as they played Call of Duty and watched YouTube

0
Parents ‘allowed 7-week-old baby to die’ as they played Call of Duty and watched YouTube

A couple of scumbags in Florida allowed their baby to die from sheer neglect while they played Call of Duty, police say.

According to the Hollywood Police Department, both 20-year-old Gracie Jai Tellez and 22-year-old Robert Lee Ingram have been charged with aggravated manslaughter of a child and child neglect causing great bodily harm – permanent disability or disfigurement.

Police first responded to a home on Farragut Street in Hollywood in October 2025, where they discovered a 7-week-old baby girl. They described the child as “non-responsive, pale and cold to the touch,” CBS affiliate WPEC and Miami-based independent TV station WPLG reported.

In an effort to try to save the child’s life, officers performed CPR until paramedics arrived and took over lifesaving efforts. The baby girl was then quickly sent to Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital and immediately placed on life support.

Doctors at the hospital found that the child was suffering from several horrific injuries. These included skull fractures, retinal hemorrhaging and detachment, hemorrhaging along her spine, and a traumatic brain injury, as per the charging document.

Investigators were told by specialists that these injuries were likely the result of non-accidental head trauma caused both by blunt force and “violent shaking,” according to law enforcement.

The girl was declared brain dead on October 18 and tragically taken off life support on October 22, causing her to die.

When questioned, both parents allegedly told investigators the baby was acting normally before being placed in the bassinet, the affidavit said. Police added that the couple also said they were unaware of any fall that would have caused such injuries.

However, officers allegedly found inconsistencies in both accounts. Ingram is said to have given multiple different timelines about when the baby was fed and placed into the bassinet, police said, then allegedly gave yet another version of events during reenactment.

The pair said they used FaceTime as a baby monitor, according to law enforcement, but there was no evidence to support that claim. Instead, police found that their phones were repeatedly used overnight to play Call of Duty and watch YouTube.

Robert Lee Ingram Jr.

Officers found that the couple had been playing the video game and watching videos online, leading right up to when the infant was found unresponsive. This showed that “the information provided by Gracie Tellez and Robert Ingram was not truthful,” police said.

The investigation also found that a pediatrician had recently seen the baby and considered her healthy, with no documented injuries or significant health concerns.

According to the Broward County Medical Examiner’s Office, the baby’s cause of death was determined to be complications of blunt head trauma. They also ruled the death a homicide.

The pair was arrested in Jacksonville, Florida, on August 7 by the U.S. Marshals Service, according to a press release, and both are being held in the Broward County Jail without bond.

Original Article: Parents ‘allowed 7-week-old baby to die’ as they played Call of Duty and watched YouTube

About Post Author

Discover more from The News Beyond Detroit

Subscribe now to keep reading and get access to the full archive.

Continue reading