RALEIGH, N.C. — Capt. Blake Wright from the Northern Wake Fire Department shared this fun recipe with us for a firehouse favorite! Check out his recipe below.
Firehouse Macaroni Surprise
- Bass Farms sausage, 2 lbs.
- Elbow macaroni, 4 lbs.
- Bright Leaf red hotdogs, 2 packs
- Velveeta Cheese, 1 mega pack
- Cheddar cheese soup, 2 cans
- Slap Ya Mama Cajun Seasoning, to taste
- Boil and drain pasta. Return to stove over medium-low heat.
- Sauté Bass Farms sausage until browned.
- Cut hotdogs (except one) into one-inch sized segments. Sauté with a dash of Slap Ya Mama seasoning until slightly browned.
- Cut Velveeta into chunks and add to pasta. Stir until melted.
- Add sausage (and grease from pan!), hot dogs and 2 cans of cheddar cheese soup to pasta.
- Stir until melted. Serve!
- The person that finds the whole hotdog (the surprise) is the “winner”
Psssst! Want to cook up recipes with local firefighters? Join the volunteer firefighter team!