Back by popular demand! A lot of people were requesting this recipe again, it’s exactly as Clyde posted.
A popular recipe from the old stable. ☻
1 lb ground beef, 80% lean
1-1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped bell pepper
1 egg, lightly beaten
8 oz canned diced tomatoes
1/2 cup Quaker 1 minute oats, may substitute 5 minute oats
1 tablespoon mustard, recipe tested with yellow & Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1/3 cup ketchup
1) Heat oven to 350°F.
2) Drain the juice from the diced tomatoes.
3) Thoroughly mix the beef, salt, pepper, chopped onion, chopped pepper, egg, diced tomatoes and Quaker oats.
4) Place the mixture into a loaf pan, or into a baking dish and form into the shape of a loaf. Use of a loaf pan is highly recommended. Lightly spray the interior of the loaf pan with cooking spray to prevent sticking.
5) Thoroughly mix the mustard, brown sugar and ketchup. Liberally spread the mixture over the top of the loaf.
6) Bake for one hour or until a meat thermometer inserted into the center registers 150°-160°F.
Usually serves four humans, or two horsies.
NOTE: Using 90% lean ground beef may produce a “dry” meat loaf.
Bourbon Causes Calamity