You could substitute sliced smoked sausage for the chicken – or add both!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5 to 6 hours
Total Time: 5 to 6 hours
- 1 potato, cut into cubes
- 1 can (32 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed and drained (you could use refrigerated sauerkraut)
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 can (10 ounces) cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup chopped cooked chicken
- 2 carrots, grated
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dried dill
- 5 – 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
Here’s how to make it:
- Combine the potato, sauerkraut, broth, soup, chicken, carrots, celery, vinegar and dill in a slow cooker.
- Cook on high for about 5 to 6 hours. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in the bacon.