Iran threatens global war after Trump halts strike
Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps issued a direct warning on Wednesday, declaring it will expand military conflict “beyond the region” if the United States or Israel launches any further attacks against the country.
The paramilitary force’s statement said it has not yet brought “all the capacities” of the country “into action.” However, the IRGC warned that future foreign intervention would trigger an unprecedented response.
“But if aggression against Iran is repeated, the regional war that had been warned of will this time spread beyond the region, and our crushing blows will bring you to ruin in places you cannot even imagine,” the IRGC statement said. The group added, “We are men of war, and you will witness our power on the battlefield, not in hollow statements or on social media pages.”
The escalation in rhetoric follows remarks from President Trump on Tuesday, who told reporters that he came within “an hour away” from launching a fresh wave of military strikes on Iran on Monday evening.
According to Trump, he called off the planned operation at the explicit request of several Persian Gulf allies. These allied nations reportedly asked the U.S. to pause military action, citing optimism and ongoing progress toward a potential peace agreement.
While the strikes were averted, Trump emphasized that the option remains on the table. The president warned that if negotiations fail to produce a deal, he is prepared to order a major wave of new strikes “on a moment’s notice.”
–
Source: Crushing blows: Iran threatens global war after Trump halts strike