Babysitters charged after TODDLER dies from fentanyl overdose in North Carolina

On “The Chad Prather Show,” BlazeTV host Chad Prather reluctantly discussed the tragic story of a 16-month-old baby who died of a fentanyl overdose in North Carolina.

“Most of the time I kind of like to come on here and try to be funny, maybe make you think a little bit about a deep topic that we can have fun picking apart,” Chad said. “But then, every once in a while I’m forced to wedge myself into public-service-announcement mode, and while that’s a lot less fun, it might be important.”

Two women have been indicted by a grand jury after a child in their care died of a fentanyl overdose. Haley Odessa Godshall was babysitting her friend’s toddler, Kingston Jenkins, for the day, but was also hanging out with another friend Daisy Renee Bare, Chad explained.

According to the timeline of events, the two women smoked meth together, then picked up Kingston and headed to Godshall’s home. When the baby fell asleep, Godshall gave her friend some fentanyl. Both women used the drug and then fell asleep. When they awoke, Kingston was unresponsive and was later pronounced dead at the hospital. The cause of death was a lethal dose of fentanyl.

“But here’s the thing, fentanyl, as we know, doesn’t take a whole lot to kill a person. A few grains of it can be lethal under the right circumstances, and that’s for an adult,” Chad said. “I think the pretty obvious first place to land on this is: Don’t do drugs around children and especially don’t do dangerous drugs that can kill you around them.”

Watch the video clip below. Can’t watch? Download the podcast here.

https://www.theblaze.com/shows/the-chad-prather-show/baby-dies-from-fentanyl

%d bloggers like this: