“Military response teams.” Really?
I found Biden’s six-point Covid-19 Vaccine Mandate address to be highly concerning in six respects:
1) He completely ignores the science demonstrating that natural immunity gained by having recovered from Covid is far superior to the immunity gained from the vaccines. How many of the 80 million unvaccinated Americans have already recovered from Covid?
2) His analysis makes no sense. He says, “We need to protect the vaccinated from the unvaccinated.” If the vaccine works, if it provides protection, then why do the vaccinated need to be protected from the unvaccinated?
3) His address employs the language of vaccine shaming: “I am frustrated with the 80 million Americans who refuse to be vaccinated . . . those blocking public health . . . We’ve been patient, but our patience is wearing thin . . .” Many people have valid reasons not to be vaccinated and do not deserve to be demonized in this way.
4) I am perplexed by Biden’s statement that he has authorized the deployment of “Surge Response Teams”made up of “experts” in part from the Defense Department. He will also double the number of “Military Health Teams.” What exactly are “Surge Response Teams” and “Military Response Teams”? I thought “surge” strategies were supposed to be deployed by our military against our enemies, not against Americans who have chosen not to be vaccinated. Why does the Defense Department and the military have to be deployed on U.S. soil to “help” people with a virus? Why do “Surge Response Teams” and “Military Response Teams” remind me of the Chinese Communist Party’s “Strike Hard” campaigns and “Family Planning Police”? Biden needs to define clearly the powers and limitations of these “Teams.”
5) Biden says nothing about exemptions. What about people who have legitimate religious or medical reasons for not taking the vaccine?
6) Finally, Biden completely sidesteps the critical issue of how these sweeping vaccine mandates will be enforced. What will his next step be: mandating digital vaccine passports? These passports can incorporate the same functionality as China’s Social Credit System, and in the wrong hands, can be used as tools of mass surveillance and totalitarian control.