- Three stowaways are believed to have died after bodies were seen plunging from a US transport aircraft
- Video showed thousands rushing across the runway as US troops fired warning shots into the air
- US official said the troops opened fire to deter people forcing their way onto plane filled with US diplomats
- It is not clear whether the five who died on the ground were killed in a stampede or American gunfire
- Chaos comes amid a ‘shameful’ silence from Joe Biden despite greatest foreign policy disaster for decades
- President released a statement on Saturday to blame Donald Trump but has not spoken publicly on the retreat
- Taliban marched into Kabul victorious on Sunday after a blistering advance in the wake of US withdrawal
- One chieftain in the presidential palace proudly proclaimed he had previously been an inmate at Guantanamo
- WARNING GRAPHIC CONTENT:
Eight people have died at Kabul airport where thousands of desperate Afghans have clambered onto moving military planes and U.S. troops have fired warning shots into the air amid a chaotic scramble to flee the Taliban.
Three stowaways are believed to have plunged to their deaths, with footage showing bodies falling from the underside of a hulking USAF transport jet as it climbed into the skies over the fallen city on Monday. Further images later showed mutilated corpses strewn across a rooftop.
Full video and story here: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9897561/ALL-Embassy-staff-Kabul-evacuated-airport-five-people-killed.html#v-6372995257014242000 <BR> <BR>Get the MailOnline App: <BR> https://www.dailymail.co.uk/mobile
06:06 EDT 16 Aug 2021 , updated 08:58 EDT 16 Aug 2021