Boy, 10, has a five-foot power cable stuck in his bladder ‘for five years after sticking it into his penis out of boredom’
- A boy in China had a five-foot cable cord removed from his bladder by doctors
- His father said that he inserted the metal wire into his urethra when he was five
- The youngster was rushed to hospital in Jiangxi after he started peeing blood
- Footage shows a surgeon pulling out the long black string from the boy’s body
PUBLISHED: 07:26 EDT, 29 June 2020 | UPDATED: 07:29 EDT, 29 June 2020
A Chinese boy has had a five-foot cable cord removed from his bladder by surgeons after the metal wire was stuck inside his body for about five years.
The 10-year-old, nicknamed Dou Dou, had inserted the metal wire into his penis ‘out of boredom’, said the child’s father.
The incident came to light when the youngster was rushed to hospital after he started peeing blood, Chinese media reported.Boy has cable removed from bladder after he stuck it up his urethra
A Chinese boy has a five-foot cable cord removed from his bladder by doctors after the metal wire was stuck inside his body for about five years
The boy is said to have recovered after undergoing an emergency operation to remove the power cable at a children’s hospital in Nanchang, Jiangxi province of south-eastern China.
Dou Dou’s parents recently took their son to seek medical attention after the boy found blood in his urine and had difficulties peeing, according to the local press.
The child underwent an emergency operation after the doctors spotted a foreign object inside Dou Dou’s bladder on an X-ray scan.
The surgeons were shocked to find a 1.5-metre (five-foot) black power cable stuck inside the boy’s body during the surgery.
Footage shows a medic pulling out the cable cord from the youngster’s bladder after surgically opening the youngster’s belly.
The picture shows a screenshot of the footage in which a medic pulling out the cable cord from the youngster’s bladder after surgically opening the youngster’s belly at the Jiangxi hospital
The surgeons were shocked to find a 1.5-metre (five-foot) black power cable stuck inside the boy’s body during the surgery. The picture shows the power cable after it has been removed
Dr Rao, a urologist who led the operation, told Jiangxi Television: ‘We’ve removed a lot of foreign objects, but we have never seen a case like this before. We were very, very shocked. Just unimaginable.’
After the operation, the youngster confessed to his parents that he had inserted the metal cord into his urethra, the tube that leads from the penis to the bladder, out of boredom about five years ago.
Dou Dou’s father told Pear Video: ‘It was around 2015 or 2016 when he put it in. The kid said that he was bored and he put it in by himself.’
The parent added: ‘But he never told us about it. We had absolutely no idea.’
Dr Rao said that similar cases were not unheard of: ‘We see about 20 to 30 cases like this every year among children aged four to ten.
‘My advice is that children need to be educated better. They need to know how these organs function, what they are used for.
‘They wouldn’t be as curious if parents have told them,’ the medic added.