There’s nothing more upsetting than seeing your poor pup get terrified when there are fireworks or loud thunderstorms happening outside. They don’t know what’s going on and they’re petrified and there’s nothing you can do. Well, Ford Europe wants to help, and they’ve created a noise-canceling kennel that aims to solve this problem.
1. IT USES THE SAME TECHNOLOGY AS NOISE-CANCELING HEADPHONES.Ford first introduced the prototype of the kennel in late 2018, showing off the triangular kennel which uses noise-canceling technology to protect pups’ sensitive ears from loud fireworks, thunderstorms, and other bothersome noises.ADVERTISING
2. THEY CONSULTED WITH LEGENDARY DOG TRAINER “THE DOGFATHER” GRAEME HALL TO DEVELOP THE PRODUCT.Hall understands perhaps more than most just how important it is for dogs to have this kind of product available to them. “Many animals find fireworks scary – and compared to people, dogs can hear things that are four times further away, and across a much wider range of frequencies,” he explained. “Preparing in advance of firework displays is the key – and part of that is to identify a place where your pets feel safe and happy.”
3. SPONSORED: THE BEST DATING/RELATIONSHIPS ADVICE ON THE WEB. Check out Relationship Hero a site where highly trained relationship coaches get you, get your situation, and help you accomplish what you want. They help you through complicated and difficult love situations like deciphering mixed signals, getting over a breakup, or anything else you’re worried about. You immediately connect with an awesome coach on text or over the phone in minutes. Just click here…00:20
4. SO HOW DOES IT WORK?As the press release explains, microphones within the kennel can detect the sound of fireworks or loud thunder, at which point “a built-in audio system emits opposing frequencies that in effect cancels out the noise completely – or at least reduces it significantly.” They’ve built the kennel with high-density cork to further aid in sound-proofing, which should make your furry friend much more comfortable.
5. FORD IS USING ITS POWERS FOR GOOD.They’re calling the noise-canceling kennel the first in their line of “Interventions” in which they use existing auto technology to solve issues in other areas of life. “We wondered how the technologies we use in our cars could help people in other situations,” the release read. “Making sure dogs and their owners could enjoy a stress-free New Year’s Eve seemed like the perfect application for our Active Noise Control system, and we have a few more ideas in progress as to how our everyday lives might benefit from a little Ford know-how.”
6. FOR NOW, IT’S JUST A PROTOTYPE.Unfortunately, the noise-canceling kennel isn’t widely available yet (or available at all to the average consumer). However, it’s good to know that companies like Ford are actively working on a solution to a problem all pet owners know very well.