Fast-food employee fired after peeing in restaurant’s kitchen

image

 A video of a Mexican fast-food employee peeing in the restaurant’s kitchen has been going viral in Utah.

DRAPER, Utah (KUTV) — A Draper Rancheritos’ employee was fired Sunday after video evidence surfaced on social media that appears to show him urinating on the kitchen floor.

The video was taken by a customer in the drive-thru lane at about 5:30 a.m.

The manager of Rancherit’s told 2News the employee depicted in the video was fired. He’d worked for them for less than three months.ADVERTISING

Salt Lake County shut down the restaurant pending an inspection.

2News cameras on Sunday captured a total purge. Staff was throwing away everything in the kitchen, including utensils, and scrubbing down everything.

Nicholas Rupp, the spokesperson for the Salt Lake County Health Department issued the following statement:

Today, in response to a complaint submitted to us online, the Salt Lake County Health Department (SLCoHD) visited the Rancherito’s at 12250 South State Street in Draper and confirmed that a food handler there exhibited a willful disregard for food safety and acted inappropriately in a food preparation area. SLCoHD issued an immediate compliance order that required the establishment to close and sanitize all food preparation areas, and also revoked the specific employee’s food handler permit.

The establishment may reopen only after meeting with the county’s Food Protection Bureau and undergoing a complete re-inspection, including verification of employee training.

The video has now gone viral on Facebook in Utah. According to Lehi resident Robert Talivakaola – the man who took the video – he was waiting to order food while he was at the Rancherito’s in Draper and getting no response. So, he pulled up to the window and the employee inside looked at him before walking away. When Talivakaola looked inside the restaurant to try to get the employee’s attention, he witnessed an employee peeing inside the kitchen. It is unclear if the employee was urinating into a floor drain or the kitchen sink.Fast-food employee fired after peeing in restaurant’s kitchen {p}A video of a Mexican fast-food employee peeing in the restaurant’s kitchen has been going viral in Utah. (Video Courtesy of Robert Talivakaola){/p}

Talivakaola shared his video on social media to spread awareness about the incident, where it has gone viral among the local community since it was published Sunday morning.

https://local12.com/news/nation-world/fast-food-employee-fired-after-peeing-in-restaurants-kitchen?jwsource=cl

%d bloggers like this: